Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Dessert Challenge

Thanksgiving is only a couple days away!?
How did this month go by soooo fast?
And only 32 more days til' Christmas.
Yippee..


Anyways, in my house I make dessert.
Mostly because I can't cook worth a damn.
(But that's beside the point.)

What do you make for dessert on thanksgiving?
I know everyone's supposed to eat pumpkin and pecan pie, but I don't like either one.
I know, I know. I'm unamerican... Whatever.

Yuck...


So I decided we would have three pies this year because I will be attempting to make my first ever Chocolate Cream Pie. 


Ingredients  
  • 1 whole Baked And Cooled Pie Crust, Store Bought Or Your Favorite Recipe
  • 3 whole Egg Yolks
  • 1-½ cup Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
  • ½ cups Cocoa Powder
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt
  • 3 cups Milk
  • 3 Tablespoons Butter
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla
  • 1 cup Fresh Sweetened Whipped Cream (please Don't Use Whipped Topping!)
  • 1 ounce, weight Piece Of Dark Chocolate

Directions 


Bake your pie crust according to package instructions or your recipe instructions. When done, set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the egg yolks and sugar until combined. Add the cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt and mix again until combined. Slowly mix in the milk until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Once the mixture is brought to a boil, it will be thickened to a pudding consistency. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla. Leave the mixture in the pot to cool for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes until smooth.
Once the pudding has cooled, add it to the baked pie shell. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, until completely chilled.
Top with whipped cream to cover most of the filling. Using a vegetable peeler, shave pieces of the dark chocolate all over the top of the pie, until you’re out of chocolate. Serve cold.

I got this recipe from the website

Hopefully it turns out okay, but either way y'all will be hearing about it. 
For those of you that are going out of town tomorrow, have a safe trip!
And those of you that aren't, I'll see you sooon!





2 comments:

Rolled Up Pretty said...

Oh my yum! This chocolate cream pie looks AMAZING!

Kodi said...

Thank you for following me! I will definitely go check you out:)

Rolled up pretty, I know it looks amazing! Mine probably won't look like that, but it's worth a shot.